Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
“Data”: Data include all Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and other non-public information. Data include, but are not limited to, student data, metadata, and user content.
- Personally Identifiable Information and Data Policy
Definition of Personally Identifiable Information In order to provide our service effectively we collect certain Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from students. This information is defined as: First and Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Sport/Position, School Level, Graduation Year, Email Address. This information is used exclusively to provide Account Administrators (teachers and coaches) with the ability to better organize and utilize the site. This information is never used for commercial purposes by PLT4M.
- Marketing and Advertising Provider will not use any PII to advertise or market to students or their parents. Advertising or marketing may be directed to the School/District only if student information is properly de-identified.
- Collection and use of Data. Provider will only collect Data necessary to fulfill its duties as outlined in this Agreement. Provider will use Data only for the purpose of fulfilling its duties and providing services under this Agreement, and for improving services under this Agreement.
- Data Sharing The School/District understands that PLT4M will rely on one or more subcontractors to perform services under this Agreement. PLT4M agrees to share the names of these subcontractors with User upon request. All subcontractors and successor entities of PLT4M will be subject to the terms of this Agreement.
- Comments Comments and other content submitted via the Akismet anti-spam service are saved on our servers unless they were marked as spam positive, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
- Email Communication PLT4M sends a newsletter and occasional industry and app updates that we believe will be useful to individuals that subscribe to our website or blog, download a whitepaper, or request a demo. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every email. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our websites, download or install a software application, create a registered user account, purchase a product, register a product, complete a survey or download a software update, we may collect information, including: name, mailing address, phone number, email address, athlete profile information (as described in Section 5 below), contact preferences, credit card information and payment history.
We may also collect such information when you contact us in person (for example, at clinics, conferences, workshops, seminars and other events), via telephone, facsimile or email. When you send us an email, that address will be recorded automatically for purposes of replying to your email. Otherwise, we will use the email address you provide on request for regular communications with you. By providing your email address, you are subscribing to our newsletter and product updates, which may include information about new features and new services. You may unsubscribe from this content by following the steps detailed in the email footer.
We may receive and store certain types of website usage information when you visit our websites. Website usage information helps us determine how visitors arrive, what type of content is most popular and which visitors are interested in particular content and advertising. We may collect the page visited, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other information about your engagement. We may also collect your IP address and your Device Identifier. A Device Identifier is a number automatically assigned to the computer, cell phone or tablet used to access the Internet. We may associate your Device Identifier with the personal information you provide. This information is never used for commercial purposes for individuals under the age of 24.
Some of our websites can be used anonymously (PLT4M.com). We do not collect personally identifiable information about you if you only browse such sites. However, if you choose to access our websites anonymously, we may not be able to provide you with particular products or services. We do collect personal information if you provide any such personal information, register as a user, provide details at an event, complete a survey or supply personal details through any other form of correspondence. PLT4M uses this information to provide products and services, as well as for billing, identification, authentication, products and services improvement, contact and research purposes.
Information Collected for Software Analytics
In order to improve our software and user experience, we may collect and store certain information about you and your use of our software. This information may include: date; time; computer identity; operating system; language; region; log preferences; registration key; license level; license code; license code status; code registration date; last validation date; ethernet address; IP address; mac address; licensed software name and version; OS version; and any other information about user actions required to improve, support and maintain our software.
- Web Beacons
Our website contains electronic images (generally, single-pixel .gif images) called “web beacons.” Web beacons allow PLT4M and third parties to monitor and collect information about the viewer of the web page, webbased document, e-mail message or other communication, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the Device Identifier of the device that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. PLT4M uses web beacons to count web browsers, visits and page views. It also uses beacons to monitor traffic and conversion patterns, to personalize your experience, including advertising and content, and to determine whether or not messages were opened, links were clicked or notifications/offers were acted upon.
- Athlete and Student Profile Pages
These pages may contain: name, email addresses, phone number, school (name, city and state), graduation year, age, birth date, photograph, height, weight, sports position, performance scores (40-yd-dash, agility shuffle, vertical jump, squat, bench, clean, etc), speed and strength information, sports awards and sports videos featuring the athlete. This information is collected for use by the schools teachers and coaches in order to help them better organize their PLT4M account, administer training, and utilize other features PLT4M offers. No outside party will have access to a studentathletes email or phone number. Athletes and students retain the right to limit access of their profiles outside of their coaches and school administrators. This can be done on the ‘Account’ page, in the ‘Privacy’ section by adjusting the setting to “Private”.
- Data Storage
PLT4M uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology required to run the PLT4M website, and such third party vendors may collect and store your data on behalf of PLT4M. PLT4M owns the code, databases and all rights to therein. PLT4M incorporates reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, or wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that PLT4M cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Platform Athletics, LLC via its websites and or products, and you do so at your own risk. The websites are general audience websites. However, PLT4M will notify its users within 72 hours of any type of data breach wherein your information may have been compromised. All Personally Identifying Information of all student-athletes will be permanently deleted upon a school or organization’s request to terminate their PLT4M subscription. Furthermore, if any student or parent of a student, wishes to terminate their participation in PLT4M, the school’s Admin, coach, or teacher responsible for PLT4M may delete the student-athlete. Upon such deletion, their information will be permanently removed.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
Personal information is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- If PLT4M is acquired by or merged with another company. If this happens we will notify you before information is transferred.
- We share information with our partners, licensees, agents, representatives, distributors, independent contractors and/or authorized third party exclusively for improving the service we provide. In no way is this information shared or sold for advertising or marketing purposes.
- Google Analytics
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 and we will delete any information later determined to have been collected from a user younger than 13. If a school chooses to use PLT4M for any child under the age of 13, they must comply with the regulations set forth in COPPA and receive consent from the child’s parent. It is PLT4M’s recommendation that the school obtain a signed “Opt In” agreement from each child’s parent or guardian. PLT4M also advises schools to use the parent’s email address to register the child. Parents can request that their child and all their information be removed from PLT4M at any time, regardless of if they gave the school consent. Parents can reach PLT4M at [email protected] or by calling 855-862- 5502 ext 2.
This website does not respond to do not track settings in browsers.
- Our Company-Wide Commitment to Your Privacy
PLT4M is committed to the protection of your personal information. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to PLT4M employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. Please read this policy before visiting our websites, accessing our services, or providing any personal information to PLT4M. If you wish not to have your information used and disclosed as provided in this policy please do not provide such information, or contact [email protected] for further assistance. In doing so, please understand that your access to information, services and other benefits may be substantially limited.
- Privacy Questions
Effective Date: June 1st, 2018