Chalk Talk – Episode 16 – Recruiting 101: Feat. Greg Hadley
High School Athletics can be the stepping stone for students to “make it to the next level.” Getting recruited is a young athlete’s dream. So how does it all work?
We talk with college coach Greg Hadley about juggling camps, social media, and all of the in’s and out’s of recruiting.
Part 1: What Do You Bring To The Table?
- Introduction to Greg Hadley – College Football Coach (0:00-3:10)
- Can you Play? Ok Great, But What About Everything Else (3:10-7:02)
- High School Coaches Need to Be Honest (7:02-12:34)
- Camps: What Are They Good For? (12:34-18:20)
- Balancing Training and your Summer with Camps, Camps, and Camps (18:20-22:45)
Part 2: Exposure in the Age of Social Media
- Exposure: “Phones have become loaded guns…” (23:20- 27:30)
- Branding Yourself via Social Media Interactions (27:30-32:15)
- Know Yourself and Where You Fit (32:15-35:15)
- Make Connections with Coaches, But Remember, as Recruiters “It is our job to find you” (35:15-38:40)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!