Chalk Talk – Episode 12: PE in the 21st Century: Theoretical and Practical Implications
“Gym Class” has gotten a bad wrap in public education over the last few decades. For most Physical Education Teachers, they have had it with the antiquated words and views about their subject.
Doug weaves a story of two people who share a passion for Physical Education. Dr. Seth Eckler PhD and Rusty Fuller have theoretical and practical applications of PE that are worth listening to as you head back to school!
Part 1: Why Physical Education?
- Love for Physical Education-Dr. Seth Eckler (1:10-3:30)
- Breaking Bad PE Stereotypes (3:30-8:00)
- Individualized Learning and Determining Needs of Students (8:00-12:40)
- Working with Beginners and Establishing Routine (12:40-14:30)
Part 2: Grading and Managing Physical Education
- Grading and Assessment (15:20-20:20)
- Peer to Peer Learning and Accountability (20:20-25:00)
- Mixed Classes and PE’s State of the Union (25:00-27:40)
- Final Thoughts with Doug Curtin (27:40-29:30)
Want to hear the full interview with Dr. Seth Eckler? Check out our BONUS EPISODE that has Dr. Eckler breaking down what you heard in Episode 12 and much more.
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!