Chalk Talk – Episode 10: Sports Specific Training: Myths vs Reality
Sport Specific Training can get every coach talking, and maybe even a little red in the face. Instead of turning red, Coach Breslin and Coach Reno discuss logistics and get specific about Sports Specific Training.
In today’s episode, we talk about basketball, cross country, and baseball, but this is certain to be a good listen for any sports coach or strength coach.
- Basketball: Improving Vertical and Throwing off your Shot (0:40-13:30)
- Cross Country: Distance Runners and the Fear of Bulking (14:00-23:20)
- Link to Coach Breslin’s “3 Myths of Training Track Athletes”
- Baseball: Managing Arms and Still Pressing (24:00- 33:45)
- Our Coaches Experience: Who are we coaching? (33:45-37:20)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!