Chalk Talk – Episode 7: In-Season Training
You put so much energy and effort into your off-season training program, but when the season comes weight training practically disappears. There is only so much time in your schedule, and getting your team to the weight room is a weekly challenge.
We talk about why ‘In Season Lifts’ should be considered PART of practice, not INSTEAD of practice. Find out why in-season lifts are so important and how we suggest implementing them at the high school level.
Part 1: Why is in Season Training Important?
- Use it or Lose it (0:45-3:50)
- Long Term Benefits: War of Attrition (3:50-8:50)
- Making In Season Lifts PART of practice (8:50-15:00)
Part 2: How Do I Plan for In-Season Training?
- Volume vs Intensity (15:50-20:30)
- What an In-Season Lift Looks Like(15:50-23:48)
- Strength Maintenance, Pre-hab, and Recovery (23:48-31:08)
- Maturity Needed for In Season Lifts (31:08-33:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!